Howdy! I'm Eric, a graphic designer and illustrator.
I've been lucky enough to pursue my dream career for about 16 years now. Thanks for visiting my site, and feel free to take a look around at my work. Here is a history of my professional experience and education:
Creative Director (November 2001-August 2007)
Graphic Designer (August 2012-current)
- Design, prepress and advertising for PMQ (later PMQ’s Pizza Magazine), a B2B publication reaching over 45,000 shops throughout the U.S.
- Winner of 4 GAMMA awards from Magazine Association of the Southeast, including Best Single Issue in 2004 and Best Redesign in 2005.
- Instrumental in bringing PMQ from a quarterly magazine in 2001 to an industry-leading publication currently running ten issues per year.
- Key member of creation and implementation of PMQ Canada, PMQ Australia-NZ and PMQ China, each published quarterly.
Created branding programs for numerous subsidiary ventures of PMQ Inc., including United States Pizza Team, Pizza TV and Throw Dough.
- Created branding and marketing material for PMQ Inc. tradeshows—PMQ’s New York Pizza Show and PMQ’s Orlando Pizza Show—including signage, mailers, stage design and show collateral.
- Currently managing advertising maintenance of www.PMQ.com, as well as content upkeep, weekly e-newsletters, special e-blasts, and web design on various sites such as www.PizzaHallofFame.com and www.PizzaTV.com.
That Summers Guy
- Freelance design/illustration services, including product and character illustration, novel covers, concepting, graphic design, web design, collateral design and CMS/storefront management.
Art Director (August 2007-current)
- Design, prepress and advertising for Pizza Australia, a bimonthly B2B publication reaching over 7,500 shops throughout Australia.
University of MS Communications — Web Division
Graphic Designer III (May 2013-November 2013)
- Design and initial content distributor, various university websites
- Provided publication, e-blast and marketing design for various University of MS departments
- Provided illustration work for various UM departments
UM Brand Creative Services
Graphic Designer/Illustrator (November 2008-March 2011)
- Member of the design team at University of Mississippi Brand Creative Services, an in-house marketing agency.
- Strategy consultation, art direction, design, and prepress for all departments of the university.
- Projects included a wide variety of branding collateral such as signage, recruitment brochures, trade booth design, promotional materials, e-blast and print newsletters, packaging and various other print collateral.
Graphic Designer (August 2007-July 2008)
- Part of a design team responsible for providing collateral for the nation’s largest nightclub and alcohol trade show, including assorted print materials, signage and web design/email newsletters.
Hammons & Associates, Inc.
Graphic Designer (September 1999-September 2000)
- Designer for numerous Mississippi delta companies, including Double Quick, Viking, Greenwood Chamber of Commerce, Kossman’s Inc., Factory Stores of Batesville, Mississippi Delta Community College and others.
- Collaborated on several Mississippi Delta Ad Federation ADDY award winners.
Graphic Designer (May 1995-August 1999)
- Graphic designer (part-time during high school, then later full-time) responsible for bi-weekly newspaper layout, ad concept and design, and pre-press.
- Periodically supplied political cartoons and illustrations for special edition covers and interiors.
Savannah College of Art & Design
Two years attended, Illustration major.
Northwest MS Community College
Associate in Applied Science 2001, Graphic Design
Sample Client List
University of Mississippi
- School of Education
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- Alumni Affairs
- Field Station
- Chinese Flagship Program
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Admissions
- Department of Campus Rec
Western Montana Fish & Game Association
National Institute for Undersea Science & Technology
Solid Rock Lectures
Robin Street-SPAF PR Personal Achievement Award Winner
Joseph B. Atkins, Author
The Farmer's Market - Oxford, MS
Walter Blair, Author
Boylan Bottling Co.
Five Star Training
United States Pizza Team
Carver Franchise & Development
Eureka Bar & Grill
Harperville Baptist Church
A-S.T.E.P. Consulting Group
Square Market of Batesville, MS
Message on Hold
Tri-State Forest Products